Monday, August 11, 2014

Creating Literacy in the Home

Creating a atmosphere of literacy in the home is the first and most important step in creating a literate child.  


Ideas, hints, and tips for literacy is a new feature on this blog.  Because together, we can and will end the illiteracy crisis.



A recent acquisition of mine was a child's size table that was given to me.   SCORE!  I knew exactly what I would be able to use the table for. 


Thus a Literacy Table was born!

A Literacy Table for when I go to booths and some parties, and even in my own home!  Yes, something for children color at, draw on, and enjoy, while encouraging a love for books and learning! 

The supplies I needed I had on hand.  This table cost me NOTHING but time!  And it will give back to my community in so many ways!  I am excited to put this to use!

Needed Supplies:
  • Table
  • Painters Tape
  • Chalk Board Paint (I had bought some last year for a project and never did it, so I used it for this instead)
  • Chalk
  • Chalk Board eraser or old soft cloth
  • A warm day



And the proof of its enjoyability and appeal to the youngest among us is apparent....  My daughter quickly placed her mark on the little table.  

 

 and that is the goal right there, for children to read books and find that one book that captures their heart and their imagination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment